Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University is located on the Khao Sahong, public land donated by Nafai Sub-district Administrative Organization, Nafai and Huay Chan Villages, Nafai Subdistrict, and Muang District, of Chaiyaphum Province. The campus covers approximately 1,482 Rai (237.12 hectares). It is situated in the northern sector of Chaiyaphum, 12.5 kilometers from the centre of the city, and is bordered by the Chaiyaphum-Tadtone highway at the front and by the Huay Chan-Huay Ton road at the side. (Ror Por Chor: The Office of Accelerated Rural Development).
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University was established in 1994 and approved by the
Cabinet’s resolution on 29 April, 1995; H.E. Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh was the Prime Minister at the time. In 1995, the allocated budget was 30 million baht; however, because of the economic crisis, it was reduced to 15 million baht for the construction and other basic necessities. At the beginning, 23 May, 1995 there was a temporary office at Chaiyaphum Physical Education College. On 12 August, 1996, the office was moved to the present location, even though the economy was still weak; thus, the government restrained the program for a while. In 1996, a government allocation was made to maintain the program of 3 million baht and in 1997 of 2.4 million baht, and an unplanned budget from Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University of 10 million baht. In 2000, the budget was still the same at approximately 2.4 million baht. In 2001 the program received a budget, which was for the 6-floor building costing 80 million baht; however, the budget was slashed to 72 million baht (committed budget for 3 years). In 2001 a royal decree was declared to establish “Chaiyaphum Rajabhat Institute” and it became effective on 12 July, 2001, now known as the foundation day. It is set as a yearly religious ceremony with food offerings given to Buddhist monks. In 2003 a budget was allocated for the construction of buildings and grounds.
The campus has been developed constantly, as in fiscal year 2003 the government budgeted for the program to construct the Banna Raj Nakarindh building, 5 storeys high, at 60 million baht. In fiscal year 2004, the university received a budget allocation to build the 4storey-high Language and Computer Center, which cost 40 million baht. In addition, in budget year 2005, the program received a budget of 73 million baht.
On 10 June, 2004, His Majesty the King graciously signed the Rajabhat University Act
B.E. 2004 resulting in Chaiyaphum Rajabhat Institute changing its status from Institute into University according to the Act on 14 June 2004, and completely becoming a corporation. The university could independently develop its administration and management system and freely offer various academic services
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University’s Logo
The logo of Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University is His Majesty the King’s royal emblem which was graciously given on 6 March 1995. The royal emblem is an oval, and on the top of the logo is the specific name of the Rajabhat in Thai, and the name in English is at the bottom. There are 5 colours in the seal as follows;
|Blue||represents||the Royal Institute, which was the founder, and|
|bestowed the name “Rajabhat University”|
|Green||represents||the location of the university, which is situated in a|
|natural and attractive environment|
|Orange||represents||the prosperity of local art and culture|
|White||represents||the pure thoughts of the scholars of His Majesty the King.|
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University’s Colours
Yellow represents splendor, sunshine, morality, leadership, and happiness
Light blue represents joy and helpfulness
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University’s Flag
The flag of Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University is a rectangle, 90 cm. wide and 120 cm. long. There are equal bands of yellow on the top and light blue on the bottom, with the golden royal emblem in the middle on both sides of the flag.
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University’s Vision
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University is a local university with various academic services, good governance, and original local researches, which also helps to conserve the northeast’s most beautiful landscape and views.
Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University’s Mission
- To discover facts to achieve an academic excellence based on local wisdom, Thai wisdom and global wisdom;
- To produce graduates who have knowledge and virtue, and a perception of being Thai, as well as to encourage life-long learning in their communities and homelands in order to perceive social changes. As a result, the number and quality must conform to the national scheme of graduate production;
- To support knowledge, understanding, appreciation and pride in local and
- To learn and reinforce the strength of the community’s leaders, religious leaders, and local politicians to have democratic consciousness, virtue and ethics, as well as to promote ability in the community and local development for the public benefits;
- To strengthen teaching profession, produce teachers and develop teachers and educational staff to appropriately meet the quality and standard of the higher profession;
- To collaborate with other universities, communities, and local administrative organizations, including other internal and external organizations for local development;
- To study and seek the methods of local and modern technology development according to the regional people’s way of life and professions, as well as to search for effective and promotional methods in permanently and evenly managing, conserving and utilizing natural resources and environments;
- To study, research, promote, inherit and follow the guidelines of the Royal Development Projects as the university’s mission for local development.